So, this week has been really challenging both since I am watching what I eat and because I failed to write down my menu plan for this month (dealing with the latter this week so it doesn't happen again.) So far, I've lost 11 lbs and I a so pleased it's working out well. I'm busy editing and posting up videos for our two Youtube channels and have picked up a few new apps that I'm going to talk about in my vlog for my other channel next month. (I like to give things a while to try them out and see if I really like them or not before I ad for free lol)
Anyway, tonight's meal looks especially promising. I have it in the crock-pot and it already smells yummy up in here, so here's the recipe.
- About 1 pound of shredded up turkey (you can use chicken, we have Thanksgiving leftovers.)
- 1 med onion chopped
- 1 can of Campells broccoli cheddar soup (cause that's what was on the shelf)
- About a tsp each of McCormick brand Perfect Pinch Seasonings:
- Roasted Garlic Bell Pepper
- 2 cups of organic veggie broth (I love to use Swanson brand)
- 4 Tbl of salted organic Challenge butter (the only butter I'll use non-organic)
- 1 can of kidney beans
- 1 can peas
- 1 can organic Muir Glen fire roasted tomatoes (the only canned tomatoes our kids will eat)
I just threw this on high since it's later in the afternoon and my hubby will be home soon and he won't want to stay starving. I'll say it cooked for about three hours. On the last hour I threw down some biscuit dough, which for all intents and purposes was NOT organic or homemade. *GASP* Yeah, I know... whatever! I have six kids, two vlogs, a blog, a fairly large five bedroom house to clean, a baby to nurse... I can use ready-made like the best of 'em even if I don't like to do it often. If you like this soup, you're going to want seconds!
All in all it served about 8 of us at about 300 some-odd calories a bowl. (I checked with myfitnesspal.com's recipe thingy)