So, I found this recipe on Pinterest and figured I would share it. Of course, I changed it up a bit...
- 1 cup of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 3 cups of cake flour
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- A pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup whipping cream mixed with a tsp of lemon juice
- 1 cup of raspberry jam (do not use jelly)
- 1/2 cup of raspberry jam
- 1 1/2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spray a 12 cup bundt cake pan with non stick baking spray. (I have a Misto which I've filled with Olive oil and it came out wonderfully!)
- In a bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add in the eggs one at a time and scrape down the bowl after each egg. Add in the vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add a 1/3 of the flour into the butter mixture alternating with1/2 the whipping cream beating after each addition.
- Fold in the raspberry jam.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake at 300 for 15 minutes then increase the heat to 350 and bake for 40-50. Or until a cake tester comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn it out onto rack to cool completely.
Once cooled heat the 1/2 cup of preserves in a small sauce pan until melted and then remove from the heat and stir in the powdered sugar. Do this to the consistency that you desire so you can use more or less of either ingredient. I used a fork so I could get the bigger chunks of powdered sugar broken down quicker.
In the end, I had this: